Friday, February 5, 2010

Update on Baby William

So baby William is growing and will be here before we know it. I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and it looks like he really does belong to our family. First of all, the ultrasound tech mentioned how "fluffy" (aka fat) he looked, specifically his cheeks. Trey and Macy came out like chipmunks. Also, she pointed out that from the ultrasound, she could see a TON of hair...check 2, our babies come with hair. (I would really like a black headed baby, but technology isn't THAT advanced, we'll have to wait and see:) Also, at about 31 weeks, an average baby would weigh about 3 -3 1/2 pounds. From his measurements, he was already weighing 4 1/2... Check 3, we have toddler babies:) (Trey was 9lbs, 9oz and Macy was a petite little thing at 8lbs, 10oz) All of that said, he looks very healthy and on track, which we praise the Lord for!

One little glitch is that he is content in the breech position. If he doesn't turn on his own, it will mean my first c-section. At 37 weeks, Macy was breech, and my doctor performed an ECV (external cephalic version) which is where they turn the baby by pushing on your stomach. We had some complications and I was seconds away from having a c-section, but everything ended up fine. The doctor I am seeing now, whom I LOVE, doesn't do them, so if William doesn't turn soon, it will be a new birth experience for me. ok, sorry if this was TMI, just thought some would be interested. Onto the pictures...


Some of my sweet "burn wife" friends from San Antonio threw my a baby shower. I am so lucky to have such great friends...I mean, really? A shower for your third baby???

We had a 3D ultrasound with William. I was about 31 1/2 weeks when this was done and the results are just amazing.

In this picture, he has his eyes open.

Me at about 32 weeks pregnant

3 comments:

Amy said...

Teal, you look AMAZING!!! What a gorgeous pregnant woman.

I don't know how much you want to do for trying to turn William, but there are a bunch of ideas online. I would encourage you to visit this site to start out and see if there's anything you're willing to try: http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/

I will be praying for him to turn. I know how not fun c-sections are and wouldn't want you to have one if at all possible :)

Amber said...

I was also going to suggest spinningbabies.com. Erica was breech for awhile, but did finally turn. Hopefully little William will be a good boy and flip around soon!

Lauren Christine said...

Teal you look so beautiful! I will be praying for Baby William to turn :)