Friday, February 5, 2010

The big 3-0

So it happened...On Jan. 4, I turned 30. I actually don't have any issues with it really because if I had put a wish list together on my 20th birthday of all the things I hope to have had accomplished or where I hoped to be in 10 years, this is pretty close to it. I mean, the actual journey certainly didn't happen like I thought it would, but God is so good and I am so lucky to have the life I do with the wonderful family that I do and even if all that was lost, I know that the Lord is the everlasting Rock and He is all I need.



I don't have any pictures of it b/c my sister took all the pictures and is making me a cd of them, but my family (specifically my mother in law) threw me a beautiful surprise party at the gorgeous home of Mike and Mindy Barrett. Just a side note...it truly was a party just for me, because it started at 4pm (after the kids naptime) and we were home by 9pm. I am NOT a night person. This is exactly the time I would have chosen had I been asked. It might be strange to some, but was perfect!

No comments: