Friday, February 5, 2010

Christmas...

So Christmas is always a busy couple of days for our family because there is a lot of them and they all live in Houston. Also this year, for the first time, we celebrated Christmas as our family of four in our new house. This was the first time we have done that and it was very special. But for us, Christmas started the day before Christmas Eve, when the kids and I (mostly I) made 15 dozen "Lizzies" for my dad. They are kind of like fruitcake cookies that my grandmother used to make. They are very hearty and my dad freezes them and eats them all year long. Mostly as breakfast when he is hunting or fishing. Christmas Eve morning we meet my Dad, brothers and sister for brunch and then open gifts with him and his wife, Fronie. Later that afternoon, we change clothes and head to Christmas Eve service with my in-laws. After church, we eat dinner with them and open gifts. Then, Christmas morning, we opened what "Santa" brought at our house. Late in the morning we head to my mom's and do it again. That afternoon, we spend time with my mom's brothers and sisters. By Christmas night, we are pooped! I wish the festivities could be spaced farther apart, but it is fun spending so much time with everyone. I don't know what is harder, being huge and pregnant, or next year, when we will have an additional child thrown into the mix? Onto the pictures...(fyi, I don't have any pics of my mom b/c my sister is the official photographer and that will be included on my b-day cd...but trust me, you won't notice, there are quite a few pictures:)

Family picture...don't mind the kids...


My in-laws, and David and Callie

Every child's Christmas wish...bowlfuls of candy at toddler height. Only at a grandparents house.

The main theme for Macy was babies and dress up this year. She is getting a lot of practice and going to be a great big sister!

Aunt Callie and Uncle David gave the kids dress up outfits. This is Macy admiring herself as Belle.

Trey as Buzz Lightyear

Just SOME of the 15 dozen cookies baked all day long

My dad, with all the grandchildren

My brothers, Taylor and Tim, with Dan

My dad with the kids and I

Last stop, Aunt Susie's...Don't even ask what they are doing...I have no idea:)

2 comments:

Lizette said...

YEAH!!!! A Post!!! Loved it!!!

Amy said...

I must have missed these earlier. They are such GREAT pictures.

David is touching Callie's tummy in one of them... too cute. They must not have known then though :)