Friday, March 19, 2010

Some Pictures... (that might be an understatement)

Well, I thought I would post some pictures that I have taken recently. There are quite a few and there is no rhyme or reason to them. Sorry :)

Trey and Macy feeding the fish

My mom has been staying at our house this week b/c it is her spring break. (She is a school nurse.) I'm pretty sure we are all nesting, b/c she decided the kitchen chairs needed to be recovered. Here is Trey helping Mia. It doesn't look like he is doing much, but he really was. Macy was holding the screws...don't tell Daddy she had sharp objects...he's a little protective:)

Another activity this spring break week was a trip to the Fire station with some friends. The kids had a great time!

Macy in the Fire Truck!

Trey in the driver's seat!
Trey and his friend, Braxton.

The other night, I made a cobb salad for dinner. I had read in a magazine somewhere that in order to get kids to eat salad, let them put it together. (Just to give options, I put out all kinds of stuff. Including leftover asparagus and brussel sprouts, which I new my kids loved. I was trying to have some sort of success.) Above is Trey's plate. In his defense, the plate also had crasins, but those had already been eaten. He went back for more chicken and craisens about 5 times.

This was Macy's plate. A little bit of everything. I have to say that the most embarrassing thing for me is that we are eating dinner off paper plates. I promise we usually eat off real plates, but dinner was late and I was TIRED!

Macy at a birthday party a couple weeks ago.

She loved riding the horse!
About 5 or 6 weeks ago it snowed for about 5 minutes. We bundled up the kids...(as you can see, not very well) and went outside to enjoy it. It was right after nap and Dan and I were pulling jackets out of the closet and trying to layer the kids as fast as we could. Oh well, Trey's line from being outside was..."It's raining snow!"

After a couple of minutes, the snow turned to rain, so we ran back inside. That was our Houston winter thrill!

No comments: