Tuesday, March 2, 2010

37 week update...

Well, I went to my 37 week appt. this morning and everything is looking good. After an 8 lb gain a month ago (in two weeks) I have steadied out at a pound a week. You think I might be worried about my weight, but I am enjoying my before bed treats and I have the knowledge that I have lost it twice before and I know I will lose it again! Anyway, the big news is that although my due date is in 23 days (YEA!!!!!!!!) it may come sooner. Little William is following the precedent of his older siblings and weighing a lot. (At 30 weeks, he was 4 1/2 lbs, not the 3 lbs expected). So basically next week, if he is near 9 lbs, we will schedule an induction so he doesn't get too big to come out the "natural" way. (sorry if this is TMI) (By the way, Trey weighed 9 lbs, 9 oz and Macy was 8 lbs, 10 oz) Anyway, of course, like every pregnant woman in her last month, I think I am DONE!!!! Every little pang gets my attention wondering if "this is it?" Dan and I finally had "the talk" this past weekend about the different scenarios and going into labor. Although this is our third baby, this is a new situation for us. The first time, Dan was deployed and I was living with my mom. The second time was only 5 1/2 months after he was injured and my in-laws were living in the apartment next door, so that was pretty easy. Now I have two youngish children, a husband who works 30-45 minutes away. There are endless scenarios...oh well, as much as I would like to hope, I'm pretty sure this baby is not going to fall out (again, sorry for the mental pictures:) So hopefully, I will have an exciting update next Tuesday evening after my appt!



Warning....New subject....Well, I thought I would tell a little story on Macy. This afternoon on our way home from MDO, Macy told me that she doesn't want a baby anymore. Quicker than I could respond, Trey told her "too bad, there's nothing we can do about it now". I tried to convince her that it wouldn't be her responsibility, but she continued to tell me that she wasn't ready to be a Mommy. I told her that she was the sister and I was the Mommy, but she never grasped the concept and the conversation went around and around until Trey and I agreed to just ignore it. Oh well:)



A little phrase from Trey from this weekend....The kids were playing outside and I don't know what initiated this comment, but Trey told Macy, "You're not the boss of me, Jesus is! Jesus and Mommy!" At least the order is right:) Ok, I will be back in a week or so!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, that's great news! It sounds like he is head down so you don't need to schedule a c-section!

I can't wait to hear how you do it... I'm going to need all the tips I can get :)