Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surgery Tuesday

OK, so sorry for the lack of updates on this surgery. Dan will be having surgery on Tuesday. The doctor assures us that this should be a 20 minute outpatient surgery. We will see:):) Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip to North Carolina for the World Burn Congress, but we hope to go next year. On a positive note, the nerve block Dan had last week worked! His arm felt so much better, that I actually went away for the weekend. (This isn't making me look very good, with the hair appt and now this:) A friend invited me to a scrapbooking retreat in Kerrville, which is just over an hour away. I left Friday afternoon and returned last night (Saturday). I had a great time and got a lot accomplished. I'm pretty sure that all three members of my family ate pizza for every meal, but everyone is still in one piece. One eventful moment was when Macy had diarrhea during her nap, so poor daddy had to change her, the crib sheets, do a load of laundry all unexpectedly....but such is life. I did feel bad, but he handled it all fine. (I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during that incident:)

I will update on the surgery Tuesday evening. Our kiddos won't be here this week. My in-laws had previously decided to take them to the Valley (south Texas where their extended family lives) when we were going to be in North Carolina for the conference. They decided to still take them, so it will be a quiet week for us, and I know the kids will have a blast and be totally spoiled! Hopefully I use this time for some projects...we will see:)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for the update. We'll be praying about Tuesday's procedure.

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

YOu both will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers! Good Luck!