Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome to Moran Blogville....

Well, this is my attempt at blogging. So much is going on and I can't remember who knows what about our lives, so I thought that I would stop emailing out updates (as if I send very many) and just let you guys decide how often you want to be updated.
I guess the biggest news coming up is that Dan is going to be having major surgery on Monday, July 21. (interesting fact...this is 21 months to the date of his injury). He had 5 major surgeries the first couple of weeks after he was injured and by the grace of God hasn't needed anything else pertaining to his skin/burns. He has had 3 additional surgeries, 2 hernia repairs and throat surgery (for the inhalation injury). On Monday, he will have the first of 4 major skin reconstructive surgeries. He is having tissue expanders put in his shoulders, his left eyelid released, and his nose reconstructed. We are doing this to get rid of burn skin, not so much for aesthetic purposes, although it will change the way he looks. Dan will stay in the hospital for a couple of days after surgery and my in-laws will be staying with us for a week or so.
Our little family is so lucky to have the support of our extended families and so many people have done so much for us to make our lives run smoothly. Specifically, my in-laws, who lived with us for the entire first year and now just drop everything to be here during these times. I really could not do it without them!

Specific prayer requests:
Health for Dan going into surgery on Monday (he has been battling a fever)
Pain management for Dan during his recovery
Wisdom for the surgeons, doctors and nurses
That he would not get any infections

Onto another topic, our precious children. Trey turned 3 in March and Macy had her first birthday in April. They are doing great! Trey is talking up a storm and it is so neat to watch him grow into the person he is going to be. Macy finally started walking at 14 months!!!! I honestly thought she might crawl forever. As for myself, I have a new passion, triathlons!! My brother convinced me to sign up for one this past March and boy am I hooked. It sure does scare me into working out! Luckily, my great friend, Pam V. (I know, I know, I am not allowed to have any more friends named Pam:) has gotten the bug too, so we are working out and doing them together!! That's all I have time for now, I will get pictures posted soon.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!! I will post again Monday or Tuesday.

11 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I think you will find it much easier than emailing updates. And more fun! I look forward to keeping up with your family's blog. Keep it up!

the Dominys said...

It's so good to hear from y'all! Trey and Macy are precious, and so grown up! Dan, we're praying for your surgery and we'll be checking for updates. Teal, congrats on your triathalons - wow!

McAllisters said...

Teal and Dan,

Hey y'all, my goodness we miss you so much! Teal you look beautiful as always and way to go girl with the triathalons, maybe we could hook up for a 1/2 marathon sometime. Todd deploys soon, again but, he sends his love and will catch up with Dan before he leaves. Kiss the kids and the "McAllister Family" will keep on PRAYING.

Amy said...

So glad you joined the blogging world. It will sure be a great way for everyone to keep up with you all.

Kathy said...

Teal - what a brilliant idea! We will be praying for Patrick and your precious family. I can't believe Macy is already one.

God Bless,
The Dowlings

Erica2 said...

How great that you are keeping everyone posted using Blogger!! It's wonderful to see you guys and we wish y'all the best. We will definitely keep Patrick in our prayers.
Erica (Cowey) Villarreal

Sandra said...

Teal,

Hello and Thank you. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our neighbor and watching Trey and Macy grow up. The boys talk about playing with Trey and how precious Macy is. We are doing good, getting settled slowly. We will keep you all in our prayers and look forward to reading many more blogs.

Tina Benitez said...

We love you Teal and your beautiful family is in our prayer---In God we trust.

Much love,
The Vellequette Family
San Francisco, CA
Tina, John, Jack, Ashton and Sean

Tina Benitez said...

We Love you. Your beautiful family is in our prayers. In God We Trust.

Tina John and Children
Jack Ashton and Sean
The Vellequette Family
San Francisco

Tamara said...

This is great! I can't wait to read more.

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

Teal, it is good good to hear what is going on with you all. You are definitely in our prayers and we wish Dan a speedy, pain free recovery! Welcome to the world of blogging! We miss our 1/6 family so much this is a great way to stay in touch!