Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Surgery Update...

Hey all,
Dan is doing well. It was a long day for everyone yesterday and we are on our way back up to the hospital, so this is from an email my father-in-law sent last night. He will continue to be inpatient for a few more days. I will update tonight when I get home.

During today's 4 ½ hours surgery Dan was covered by your prayers of intercession.

Early this afternoon the surgeons reported to Teal, Lizette and I that their expectation for this initial surgery were met. This is the first of a number of surgeries to reconstruct Dan's face and insure skin integrity as he ages. It is the initial phase of a two year process. Though the surgeries are complex we are confident in God's healing hand.

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2 (TNIV)

Please continue to pray for (1) complete healing and (2) an infection free recovery.

We covet your prayers.

No comments: