Saturday, October 4, 2008

Welcome Home David!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
Well, as most of you know, my brother-in-law, David (Dan's brother) has been deployed to Ramadi, Iraq since March. Praise the Lord, he came home safely this past Friday, Oct. 3. Here are a few of the sweetest pictures ever. There is nothing like a homecoming!!!
First kiss


David and Callie


Sweet David:)


David and Callie in front of their house
One interesting thing that happened while David was deployed involved his promotion from 2nd Lt. to 1st Lt. As most of you know, Ramadi was where Dan was deployed when he was injured. On Memorial Day of this year, David stood in the intersection where 3 brave Marines were killed and two others were seriously injured (Dan and Sgt. Luis Blanco), and was promoted to 1st Lieutenant. Two years ago Ramadi was considered "lost" and through the hard work and sacrifice of many Marines and Soldiers, David was able to stand in the open and be promoted. You don't hear these awesome stories on the news. Here is the link to a great article that was written about it with a couple of pictures.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so thankful for David's safe return home! Let's hope he doesn't have to go back any time soon!!! Enjoy being together David and Callie!!! We are so proud and thankful for David and Patrick's service to their country. Thank you so much for fighting for our freedoms and safety. God Bless you all!

ellen said...

Thanks for the link to the article. We thank God for David's safe return and for Patrick and David's service. Words really aren't enough.
We are so happy David is back home!

Elizabeth and Jace's Mom said...

Gotta love homecomings! It truly is amazing what has happened over there, it is nice to see our sacrifices paying off!

Tammy Edwards said...

Teal, this is so beautiful. I can't believe how choked up I get over these homecomings. Please give Callie and David my best. I enjoyed meeting both of them and hope to some day see them again. I was crying so hard, Riley hugged me and told me to quit reading stuff if it was going to make me cry. From the mouths of babes!

Amy said...

Praise the Lord!

Thanks for the link. That was a great article. So glad he is home.

Tamara said...

Our prayers have been answered again! David made it home safe! I'm keeping my Yellow Ribbon around my tree for all the troops still on deployment. Love you with all my heart!

Welcome Home David! I can't wait to see you and Callie!

Unknown said...

Glad to see David is back with family. I've been thinking a lot about all of you recently. Thanks for keeping us updated through this blog.